Why are the form-fields not populated with the values of the WFG Macros I specified in the action definition?

Make sure that your web form inherits WorkflowPage in order to implement a web form. For this, you need to have WorkflowGen.My referenced in your project.

To directly reference an assembly in your web project:

1. Create a bin directory under your web site root folder (e.g.: \wfgen\wfapps\webforms \yourWebFormName\bin).

2. Copy the WorkflowGen.My.dll file to this folder.

3. Right-click on your project name and choose Add reference…

4. Click Browse.

5. Navigate to the bin directory you just created and choose the WorkflowGen.My.dll file, then click OK.

WorkflowGen.My is now referenced in your project.

You can also put this assembly in your GAC (Global Assembly Cache) in order to have only one centralized reference, instead of referring a copy of the assembly in each web form project.

To install the assembly in your GAC:

1. Copy WorkflowGen.My.dll to DRIVE:\Windows\System32.

2. Open a command prompt

3. Go to DRIVE:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin.

4. Type the command gacutil /i c:\windows\system32\WorkflowGen.My.dll and press Enter.

WorkflowGen.My is now in your GAC.

Now that the assembly is placed in the GAC, you need to reference it in your project. To do this:

1. Open your web.config file.

2. Insert the following line in the assemblies node:

<ADD assembly=WorkflowGen.My,Version=2.0.1000.xx,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=df70d2b8f21e0354 />

Note: Replace Version=2.0.1000.xx above with the version number of your WorkflowGen.My. You can find the version number by right-clicking on WorkflowGen.My.dll then clicking on Properties.