How do I add third party components such as a textbox to my form and have it interact with WorkflowGen?

Issue

How do I add third party components such as a textbox to my form and have it interact with WorkflowGen?

Background

The WorkflowGen library only supportsstandard .NET objects (please refer to the WorkflowGen developer guide for a complete list). In order to use a third party component, manual control and data mapping are required to let WorkflowGen recognize the object and carry its value.

Solution

First, you need to add a reference in your project to the third party dll which will give you the ability to add the specific component to your web form.

Since WorkflowGen does not have native support on third party components, there is no direct way to control the properties of the third party component using WorkflowGen parameters such as FORM_FIELDS_READONLY or FORM_FIELDS_REQUIRED. You will need to manually control their visibility by setting the Enable or Visible properties and setup your own required validation in code behind.

You can access the value of a third party control by adding a hidden .NET textbox (Visible = false) to keep the value from the original component transferred over during the submit process.For example, during theevent trigger of the third party component or even during the submit event of the form, you would add the value from the third party component field to the hidden textbox.