Is it possible to re-open a closed request? I get a lot of scenarios where this is needed.
Closed requests cannot be re-opened and it’s not recommended since action associated data are usually deleted.
What you can do for those processes is add an admin action at the end of the workflow with a lead time of certain days. In that case, the request will close after x days or hours after the last action has been submitted and you always have the option to reopen the request.
That is exactly what I do now. What I do not like about this solution:
- The action stays in the Request in Progress in the dashboard of the requester even though it is really completed.
- Once the lead time of the reopen action is triggered, the request shows up as Canceled! Closes (Canceled).
Any ideas ?
- If you want to see the status as closed, the request has to be closed.
In that case, you can create a functionality in the process where it copies the data from closed requests (via API). Once you open a new request, you’ll have 2 options:
- “Create a new request”
- “Reopen a closed request” which will copy the data of a specific request.
- Right. This is because the overdue event gets triggered and cancels the action. If the last action is cancelled, the request will be considered as cancelled. A way around this: you can add a sync bar right after the overdue transition and the process will end properly (Closed - Completed)