Version 5.x support ends June 30, 2017
Support and maintenance for version 5.x will end on June 30, 2017. If you are still running version 5, we recommend you plan a migration, and we will be happy to help should you need any assistance.
New changes made on August 17, 2016
- Fixed a bug where the comments button was hidden in the User Portal. This fix has been incorporated into the version 6.2.0 packs available below, but if you've already upgraded WorkflowGen to version 6.2.0, you can download the upgrade pack and overwrite either your \wfgen folder or the \wfgen\App_Themes\Default\portal\css\Default.css file with the new one in the updated pack.
Official release (August 12, 2016)
- Overall UI improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixed a regression issue in the COMPLETEACTION workflow application and the CompleteActivityInstanceWithContext API method (called in DLL mode) where associated data were not updated.
- More performance and scalability improvements for large amounts of process data or action parameters when starting a new request or action.
- Fixed a date/time calculation issue for the Cairo-Egypt time zone (GMT+2).
- New and improved UI/UX design and style.
- Performance and scalability improvements for processes with a large amount of process data (100 or greater).
- Dashboard: Added manual and auto refresh functions and the corresponding configuration setting.
- Advanced View: Added a "return to view" function upon completing an action and the corresponding configuration setting.
- Advanced View: Added an action filter in single-process mode.
- Request's associated data displayed in the action's follow-up form.
- Performance improvement when starting a new request or action and completing an action.
- Fixed an issue where the help text was not displayed in the process help pop-up dialog.
- Improved UI/UX for all lists in the Administration Module.
- New and improved UI/UX for all workflow elements.
- Added a new panel display mode.
- Added new options to set the canvas background and swimlane/panel colors.
- Built-in process templates updated with swimlanes in Panel mode.
- File attachment orders that appear in custom notifications can be defined based on the order of the macros in the template.
- Improved UI/UX for all process-related lists.
- New and improved UI/UX for all process-related pop-up windows.
- New and improved UI/UX for action notification management.
- New built-in process data file and text editor.
- New option to specify a specific sub-process version in a parent process action.
- Security / XPDL import: Block global participant creation by process managers.
- Security / XPDL import: Allow process managers to import global participant associations when restriction is disabled.
- Filter users by license type (Requester or Standard user).
- Configuration Panel now displayed as a built-in web page instead of a pop-up dialog.
- Fixed a request and action data clean-up issue after completing or deleting a request.
Web Service API
- Process deployment: Get, create, or replace a process.
- Global Lists deployment: Get, create, or replace a global list.
- Workflow application deployment: Get, create, or replace a workflow application.
- Participant management: Get, create, update, replace, or delete a participant.
- Participant association management: Add or remove participant associations.
- User management: Get, create, update, replace, or delete a user.
- Group management: Get, create, update, or replace a group.
- Group member management: Add or remove group members.