How to Let a Participant View a Request Form (Without Filling out Fields)

Hi,

I have a process in which the Requester fills out a form with information. Several actions later, it will go to Person Z for approval. What is the best way to design the workflow such that Person Z can view the Request form and all of its information prior to their approval action? In other words, I want Person Z to be able to view the Request form as soon as it is submitted, but without having to take any action.

My initial idea on how to approach this is to create an additional transition from the initial request action to another EFORMASPX action assigned to Person Z, where the Request section of the form is set to “Read-only.” But, won’t there still be a Submit button present for Person Z? This person should only be able to view the information at this point. An additional problem is that there would be no follow-up action, so the workflow would not be valid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I believe making “Person Z” a process supervisor is the simplest solution, though I wasn’t planning on giving that user the other privileges that come along with that role. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Yes, as you mentioned, the solution is to make “Person Z” a process supervisor.

A process supervisor can:

• Cancel requests
  • Re-assign actions (action follow-up screen)
  • Follow-up on all requests and actions of a process
  • View process statistics
  • Delete requests for processes with “In Test” status

But all the following permissions can be removed when creating a process supervisor:

• Cancel requests
  • Re-assign actions (action follow-up screen)
  • View process statistics

If the above permissions are unchecked, you will end up with the following permissions:

1. Follow-up on all requests and actions of a process
  2. Delete requests for processes with “In Test” status

Best Regards,
Eddy.

Hi Eddy,

Thank you for the quick response! This should work.