Security on Groups

We created several security groups in GROUPS outside of specific WFGen processes for the purpose of allowing users to have read only access to several versions of a process without admins having to assign the user to the group in every version of the process. This is useful as we have managers who need to access closed eForms for reporting and auditing purposes.

I’ve noticed since we’ve upgraded from WorkflowGen 5.7 to 6.1.5, behavior in GROUPS seems to have changed. Recently I added a user to one of these external groups but he was still receiving a “Security Error, You are not authorized to view this page” when he tried to open the form. I realized the form had been created in an earlier version of the process so I added him to a group from within the earlier version of the process. After I did that he was able to access the form. Shouldn’t adding him to the external group have allowed access if the group was assigned to a participant group within one of the versions of the process?

Sounds weird to me. Is your Group a virtual group or a standard WFG group that you have static users assigned?
If you have virtual group (based on query), you may need to refresh the group in order to let WFG to pick up the newly added users.
If that’s not the case, I would suggest to submit a helpdesk ticket.