Directory Synchronization: Manager field

When using the text or LDAP directory synchronization connector, make sure the Manager field is a valid username.

How do you do that if the manager field in AD is a distinguishedName?. It is not a username.

Hi Gabriel,

The synchronization will only work if the manager field represents a valid username. That’s how we will be able to connect the users in the application.

Regards,
Eddy.

Do you have a suggestion? How do I make it work? I can’t imagine I am the only one with this AD configuration?

Has anyone come up with a solution for what ParadimeWeb is asking?

Hi @asullivan78,

If you retrieve the distinguishedName attribute in your User synchronization query, you can Edit the mapping and select this attribute for the manager field.

Regards,
Eddy.

Can we see the query?

Hi @ParadimeWeb,

Here it is:
LDAP://servername:port/DC=thecompany,DC=com;(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(sn=*)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf=CN=TheSpecificCN,OU=LowestOU,OU=HigherOU,DC=thecompany,DC=com)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)));adsPath,OBJECTSID,distinguishedName,sAMAccountName,sn,GivenName,mail,telephoneNumber,mobile,pager,facSimileTelephoneNumber,department,company,EmployeeType,EmployeeId,title,initials,postalAddress,postalCode,physicalDeliveryOfficeName,st,L,co,manager;subtree

Regards,
Eddy.