WorkflowGen.My & WorkflowGen Web Controls strong naming

Overview

As of version 3.2.0, the WorkflowGen.My and WorkflowGen Web Controls assemblies are no longer strong named in order to allow non-specific version dependency when referenced by other applications such as custom assembly SDK workflow applications.

This simplifies the deployment procedure of an assembly SDK Workflow application to WorkflowGen 6.2.0 and later, and allows upgrading WorkflowGen to a newer version without having to rebuild the application’s assembly that was referencing an older version of WorkflowGen.My.

There are some considerations when deploying a custom assembly SDK workflow application in WorkflowGen, namely the assembly location, the reference to WorkflowGen.My, and the reference to other software libraries. See the When deploying a custom assembly SDK workflow application section in the WorkflowGen Upgrade Guide for more information.

WorkflowGen.My 3.1.0 and earlier

WorkflowGen.My versions 3.1.0 and earlier are strong named, which means your assembly must be built with and use the same version as your target WorkflowGen. This requires recompiling your assembly whenever you upgrade WorkflowGen to a newer version. See the Reference to WorkflowGen.My section for workarounds to overcome this requirement.

Note: If your assembly is built with WorkflowGen.My version 3.1.0 or earlier, it can still be used in WorkflowGen versions 6.2.0 and later if one of these workarounds has been implemented.

WorkflowGen.My 3.2.0 and later

Since WorkflowGen.My is no longer strong named as of version 3.2.0, you can simply deploy your assembly file in WorkflowGen version 6.2.0 or later using one of the two methods in the Assembly location section.

Note: If your assembly is built with WorkflowGen.My version 3.2.0 or later, it can still be used in WorkflowGen versions prior to 6.2.0 if you have implemented either workaround 2 or 3 in the Reference to WorkflowGen.My section.