WorkflowGen migration to the latest version in load balancing mode

Hi, I was given a task to work on WorkflowGen migration to the latest version in load balancing mode. Being complete newbie to WorkflowGen I need detailed guide how to accomplish this since it is production environment.

Thx in advance.

Hi,

Here is a schema of a typical WorkflowGen setup using a load balancer:

Here is a document explaining how to migrate the environment:
https://advantys.gitbooks.io/workflowgen-technical-reference-guide/content/operations.html?h=moving%20the%20workflowgen%20application

Regards,
Eddy.

I have found moving the WorkflowGen application section in technical reference guide - it says set up the same version of WorkflowGen on the new server as step 2. This means backing up whole application including IIS configuration on current server and restore these to a new one is not feasible? If so does it mean “blank” workflowgen application must be installed on a new server (same version as on current one) including creating new database before application can be moved from the current server and then do in-place upgrade on new server?

Hi,

Yes, this means installing a new worklfowgen application on the new server and then moving the backed up files/folders from the old server to the new one.

You can backup the old database and restore it in the new server (No need to create a new blank database)

Regards,
Eddy.