Use checkboxlist value as condition in transition

Hi,

I have a checkboxlist in my form and want to use the value as a condition to navigate to different action.

E.g. A checkboxlist with value A, B, C. When B and C are checked. In the condition I will need to get the value selected and go to different action.

Hi GiapWeng
you can try the following condition
<REQUEST_checkboxlist>==“B,C”

Best Regards
Rami Tobasi

Hi @eddy.daouk,
We need help with logic conditions in transitions that include checkboxes.

This is our logic condition 1:
(<INFOSECURITY_STATUS> = “APPROVED” And Instr(<REQUEST_TYPE>,“User Account in DS or CC”) > 0) Or (<INFOSECURITY_STATUS> = “APPROVED” And Instr(<REQUEST_TYPE>,“Bastion Host Access”) > 0 And Instr(<REQUEST_BASTION_ENVIRONMENT>,“DS”) > 0) Or (<INFOSECURITY_STATUS> = “APPROVED” And Instr(<REQUEST_TYPE>,“Bastion Host Access”) > 0 And Instr(<REQUEST_BASTION_ENVIRONMENT>,“CC”) > 0)

Explanation: InfoSecurity status is radiobutton, Request type is checkbox, Bastion Environment is Checkbox. To meet this condition, InfoSec status has to be “approved” always, Request type can be “User Account in DS or CC” or “Bastion Host Access”, but for Bastion Host Access we need to have “DS” or “CC” selected.

We have other two transition conditions that leads to another two actions.
Logic condition 2: <INFOSECURITY_STATUS> = “APPROVED” And Instr(<REQUEST_TYPE>, “Linux Bastion Host Access”) > 0

Logic condition 3: <INFOSECURITY_STATUS> = “APPROVED” And (Instr(<REQUEST_TYPE>,“Bastion Host Access”) > 0 And Instr(<REQUEST_BASTION_ENVIRONMENT>,“HQ.local”) > 0)

Those logic conditions are not working properly - they are not launching correct actions, or launch multiple actions while need to launch only one. Do you see anything missing in those logic conditions?

Thank you very much. We really appreciate your help!
Marina

Hello.
REQUEST_TYPE can take values
1 - User Account in DSC or CCB.local
2 - Bastion Host Access
3 - Linux Bastion Host Access
4 - CCBill-HQ.local

Your condition Instr(<REQUEST_TYPE>,“Bastion Host Access”)>0 is true for values 2 and 3 : Bastion Host Access is included in “Linux Bastion Host Access”.

You can correct if by changing values or by using another condition with formal equality and not “Include String”.

Best regards

1 Like

@nvarlet Nicolas,
This pretty much resolved all the condition issues that I couldn’t resolve for the last three days trying to figure out and test all possible variations of logic conditions for those data elements.
And actually, it was all about the values.
THANK YOU sooo much!
I really appreciate this! :blush:

1 Like