I am not able to connect to the WFGEN database even when the user is defined in WFGEN database as a valid user

Issue

I am not able to connect to the WFGEN database even when the user is defined in the database as a valid user.

Solution

The user account might be missing certain permissions. Make sure the following conditions are met.

In SQL Server Management Studio:

• Under the Security > Logins node, make sure the user account for the database connection is defined

• Right-click on the user account and choose Properties. Under User Mapping, make sure the WFGEN database is checked (i.e. user is mapped to the login for WFGEN database). If you are not able to map the selected user for the WFGEN database, try to delete this user from the WFGEN database > Security > Users list first. Once the user account is mapped, it should automatically appear under WFGEN > Security > Users.

• Right-click on the user in the WFGEN database user list and choose Properties. Under General, make sure Database role membership has the proper role member(s) selected. To use the account for the WFGEN database connection string, it must have read and write permissions. Preferably, db_owner should be selected.