You can optimize performance for large web forms in a number of ways:
- Enable dynamic content HTTP compression
- Use AJAX
- Disable View State on specific controls
- Enable Session State in the WorkflowGen WebForms application (see [this article](http://www.workflowgen.com/kb/enable-session-state-webforms-application/) for details)
- Open IIS Manager and navigate to the parent folder of the \wfgen directory.
- In Features View, double-click Compression.
- On the Compression page, select Enable dynamic content compression.
- Click Apply in the Actions pane.
A simple option we recommend is to use AJAX so that a page refresh does not cause a full reload. See How to enable AJAX mode in web forms for instructions on how to do this.
Disable View State on specific controls
You can disable View State on specific controls by adding the custom attribute EnableViewState = false on each individual control. This solution is especially useful for large lists with many items if you want to reduce bandwidth usage.
Note: Applying this option will be more noticeable on large controls (such as custom user controls) and lists with many items.
Enable Session State in the WorkflowGen WebForms application
See How to enable Session State in the WebForms application for instructions on how to do this.