Different date information on the form archive and in the follow up form

Hello,

We noticed that follow up form is showing different date from date entered in the form (1 day ahead).
Data element is Date/Time data type, Culture is User’s Culture, TimeZone is Arizona.

Could you please help us to resolve this issue?
Thank you in advance,
Marina Stefanovic

Hi @marinam,

I believe your issue is related to this:

Let me know if this helps,
Eddy.

Thank you @eddy.daouk. I implemented time zone change (set GMT for data element) and added custom attribute for the field. Now it is working well, it is showing the same info in the follow up form and in the form archive.
But now another issue appeared. Lead time of the activities is set by that data element. And now, time limits of these activities in the follow up form are set one day BEFORE date listed in the field. And it should be on that date, not day before. Is there any resolution on that?

Thank you,
Marina

Hi @marinam,

I would create a hidden Date field that adds one day to the indicated GMT day (in code behind) and use that new data as a Lead time.

Regards,
Eddy.

Thank you Eddy. I managed to resolve the issue.

1 Like

Hi @eddy.daouk,
I’m contacting you again because of the similar issue.
We have the problem how date/time is presented in different time zones again.
We didn’t implement your suggestion from the article above.
My colleague has user settings Arizona, the date and time (both data elements have TimeZone Arizona) he sees in the follow up form is correct, but when he opens request, he sees one day before (please see screenshots). Is there any other setup that has to be updated in order for this to work? Our company works in two time zones - GMT+1 (Belgrade), and GMT-7 (Arizona).
I found this article, it explains similar issue like we have:

Could this maybe resolve the problem?
Could you please help us to resolve this issue?
Thank you!
Marina

Hi @marinam,

Is the date entered manually in the form or calculated in code behind?

Eddy.

@eddy.daouk, date is entered manually in the form. When requester open new Termination request, he is manually entering the date and the time of the employee termination. Hope this answers your question.

Thank you,
Marina