Get Actions History to Insert into Form

Does anyone know whether this is possible? I need to create a process in which the “Actions history” (like that displayed in the User Portal as shown in the attached screenshot) is displayed within the form itself. Thus, is there a way to dynamically insert the “Actions history” into the form of a request, so that when the form is viewed or printed, the latest history of all the actions that have been taken for that request is plainly listed on the form itself?

I have tried searching in this forum as well as the official documentation, but was unable to even find out where the “Actions History” for each request is stored in the WorkflowGen system.

1 Like

Hi Aldrin,
The Actions History is stored in the WFGEN database, one way to get the data would be by querying the database, for example:

select A.NAME, U.FIRSTNAME, U.LASTNAME, A.DATE_CLOSE, A.ID_STATE
from WFACTIVITY_INST A
INNER JOIN USERS U ON U.ID_USER = A.ID_USER_ASSIGNEE_REAL
WHERE A.ID_PROCESS_INST = 7933 --REQUEST NUMBER

Just change the ‘7933’ with your specific request number.

To get this data in your process, you could use the EXECSQL application (EXECSQL Workflow Application - WorkflowGen Administration Guide).

Good luck!

1 Like

Wow! Many thanks, Rogelio! I was able to successfully pull the Actions History information directly from the WFGEN database via SQL query. Will try out EXECSQL application to do the same within a process.

1 Like