Configuring custom web forms to work with previous versions of WorkflowGen.My (2.x) in v6 or v7

If you are using custom web forms configured in .NET 2.0, you can keep using them in .NET 2.0 or migrate them to .NET 4.

To configure custom web forms for .NET 2.0:

1. Use WorkflowGen.My.dll in version 2.x.

2. Use a .NET 2.0 application pool.

3. Disable Web apps secure mode in the Security section on the General tab in the Configuration Panel.

4. Define or update the following nodes in the web forms’s web.config file:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
          <pages validatedRequest="false" enableSessionState="true" />
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

5. If your web form’s authentication is configured to use the built-in WorkflowGen authentication mode, then the new password hashing mode (One-way Hashing) introduced in version 6.1 will not be compatible with your web form. There are two solutions:

• Use Version 5 password management mode instead. Make sure to use the Advantys.My.dll and Advantys.Security.dll files from version 5.x in the web form’s \bin folder.

OR

• Migrate your web form to .NET 4. Make sure to use the Advantys.My.dll and “Advantys.Security.dll” files from WorkflowGen version 6.x or 7.x in the web form’s \bin folder. For instructions on how to do this, see Configuring custom web forms to work with the latest WorkflowGen.My (3.x) in v6 or v7.